Located in North Central Oregon, Ruggs Ranch is a beautiful three hour drive from Portland International Airport (PDX). We can also be reached via Tri-Cities Airport (PSC), a three hour drive, or Roberts Field in Redmond (RDM), a two hour drive. Pendleton 2 hours away, Tri Cities is 1.5 hours.
Private aircraft may utilize the following airports-
Lexington- (9S9) 4,155ft – 25 minutes from the lodge.
Eastern Oregon Regional Airport (PDT) 6,300 ft – 90 minutes from the lodge.
Columbia Gorge Regional Airport (DLS) 5,100ft – 120 minutes from the lodge.
Portland is the closest major international airport. From Portland, it is a scenic three hour drive east through the magnificent Columbia River Gorge, a designated national scenic area. Along the way you will pass the world famous Multnomah Falls, and cross through the Cascade Mountain range, retracing the steps of the famous Lewis and Clark expedition. Before long you’ll find yourself among the rolling hills and arid rocky canyons of the Columbia Basin Plateau, crossing the Old Oregon Trail as you drive into the heart of Oregon’s wheat and cattle country. Your destinations sits nestled in the lush foothills of the blue mountains, situated on a natural bluff overlooking the verdant valley where McKinney Creek and Rhea Creek Flow together.
Driving Directions to Ruggs Ranch from Portland International Airport (PDX)
1. Head East on I-84 East/U.S. 30 East towards “The Dalles” and “Hood River”.
2. Take exit 147 for OR-74/Heppner Highway towards Ione/Heppner.
3. Make a right turn onto Rhea Creek Road (about 3 miles past Ione).
4. Follow Rhae Creek Road to the stop sign at Highway 207.
5. Make a right turn onto Highway 207 and keep left at the Highway 206/207 Split.
6. The entrance to Ruggs Ranch will be on your left about a half mile.
Driving Directions to Ruggs Ranch from Tri-Cities Airport (PSC)
1. Start out on I-182 West/US-12W towards Kennewick/Richland/Yakima.
2. Take Exit 12A for US-395 S towards Kennewick/Pendleton – About 2 miles.
3. Continue on US-395 towards Kennewick/Pendleton – about 35 miles.
4. Use the left two lanes to merge onto I-82 E/US-395 S Towards Pendleton.
5. Take exit 182 for OR-207 towards Hermiston/Lexington – About 2 miles.
6. At the stop sign, Turn right into OR-207 S towards Heppner.
7. Follow OR-207 to the stop sign in Lexington – About 37 miles.
8. Turn left at the stop sign onto OR-207/State Route 74.
9. Stay on OR-207 passing thru Heppner for 20 miles.
10. Keep left at the Hwy 206/207 split. The entrance to Ruggs will be on the left.
DRIVING DIRECTIONS TO RUGGS RANCH FROM REDMOND AIRPORT(RDM)
1. Turn right onto SE Airport Way.
2. Turn right onto SE Veterans Way
3. Turn right onto E Highway 206
4. After 64 miles, turn left onto Highway 207S.
5. Travel 24 miles, then turn right onto Highway 19/207
6. After 15 miles, take a slight left onto state highway 207.
7. After 38 miles, the destination will be on your right.